As part of providing our IT devices on loan we need to be able to:
- Keep children and adults safe whilst they are online
- Locate, disable, and delete data from the device that is on loan, if it is lost
We have installed mobile device management software on the laptop to do this. The mobile device management solution will collect some personal information when it is implemented on your device.
The school is the data controller for this information.
The personal information collected will be:
- A device number for the device loaned to you
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address, which is a number linked to a device connected to a computer network
- Addresses of websites visited when using the device
- Should the device access something which causes a concern an image of the screen will also be captured
For these purposes, the personal information above is securely shared between the school and the mobile device management software providers (including their contracted partners).
The school is the data controller for this information. Data processors support this activity through the provision of systems. The legal basis we rely on when using this personal information is our legitimate interest.
This information will be retained for up to 2 years
No Personal information is routinely available outside of the UK, except where some of our key suppliers store information either within the EEA or in the US under the EU-US Privacy Shield, where a transfer of personal information outside of the UK may be necessary we will only do so where it is permitted by law and where appropriate safeguards are in place.
For information about your rights in relation to this use of your personal information please see section 5 of our overarching privacy notice.