Apply for a nursery place
15 hours funded childcare places for three and four year olds
All three and four-year-olds are entitled to 15 hours of funded nursery education for 38 weeks of the year.
This applies until they reach compulsory school age (the term following their fifth birthday).
Funded early education places are available at Holgate Primary & Nursery School.
The funded early years entitlement can be taken in the following way at Holgate Primary & Nursery School:
- 5 x Morning sessions 8.40am to 11.40pm (3 hrs per day)
- 5 x Afternoon sessions 12.20pm to 3.20pm (3 hrs per day)
What is my child entitled to?
All three and four-year-olds are entitled to 15 hours of funded early learning and care, over 38 weeks of the year.
- children who are three in January, February or March can have their funded place from the start of the summer term
- children who are three in April, May, June, July or August can have their funded place from the start of the autumn term.
- children who are three in September, October, November or December can have their funded place from the start of the spring term.
Find details of Nottinghamshire term dates.
30 hours funded childcare
The funded hours for 3-4 year olds was extended to 30 hours for working* parents in September 2017.
If eligible, you will be entitled to an extra 570 hours of funded childcare a year to use flexibly. This is 1,140 hours in total.
You, and any partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £120 a week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage). If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.
You can't claim the additional hours if you, or your partner, expect to earn £100,000 or more.
For further information and to register for updates visit the government's Childcare Choices website.
Apply for a Nursery Place at Holgate Primary & Nursery school
If you would like to apply please complete our online application form HERE