Policy For School Uniform
We all believe that a school uniform is important for the following reasons:
- It looks smart and gives a sense of belonging
- It eliminates social problems caused by latest fashion fads
- It contributes to a feeling of pride within our school
We ask that all children wear the uniform and we encourage them to maintain a good standard of clean and tidy dress in school.
Our school colour is Bottle Green in line with the Holgate Academy.
Our school uniform is as follows:
- White/ bottle green polo shirt or white blouse/shirt (optional).
- Bottle green jumper / sweatshirt / cardigan preferably with school logo
- Bottle green zip up fleece preferably with school logo (for outdoor wear)
- Black or grey skirt / pinafore / trousers
- Dark coloured sensible leather-type sturdy shoes or boots with no more than 1 inch heels. Soft footwear is not safe or appropriate for school nor are trainers other than for outside P.E. (Please note, that even during warmer weather, sandals are not permitted).
- Green and white checked dress in the summer (optional).
- Grey, black, green or white socks or tights
- Long hair could be tied back with appropriate discrete preferably school-coloured hair accessories
- Jewellery, except a watch and small earring studs, are not permitted. Please check with a member of
For reasons of Health and Safety it is important that no jewellery is worn during P.E. or swimming. Long hair should also be tied back.
Our P.E. uniform is:
- T.shirt – preferably white or bottle green
- Black shorts
- Plimsolls or trainers for outside games only
- Tracksuit bottoms / leggings – preferably dark colours
- Tracksuit tops / sports tops – preferably dark colours
For swimming, girls should wear a one-piece swimming costume and boys should wear swimming trunks – N.B. swimming shorts are not allowed with School Swimming for health and safety reasons.
Swimming hats are optional and can be worn over long hair. Long hair must be tied back.
A towel will be needed from home.
Uniform with the Holgate Primary and Nursery School logo is available from these local suppliers:
Price & Buckland Ltd
Phone: 0115 964 0827
Hucknall Sports & Cycle Centre Ltd.
2a High Street.
Embroidery Service from MyClothing.com :