Welcome to Year 1
In Year 1, we have 2 classes: 1HO and 1BG.
Adults that work in Year 1 are:
- Mrs O’Kane (1HO class teacher)
- Mrs Barnes (1BG class teacher – Monday, Tuesday Wednesday)
- Mrs Grimwade (1BB class teacher – Thursday, Friday)
- Mrs Barnett (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Humphreys (HLTA – in 1HO on a Monday)
Have a look through our page for ideas and activities on the curriculum we follow and links and guidance to additional resources to enable you to help you to contribute to your child’s learning.
Although PE kits need to be in school every day, for this term, PE is on:
|Thursday – Indoor PE||Monday – Indoor PE|
Wednesday – Outdoor PE
Thursday– Outdoor PE
Learning in Year 1
The expectation in Year 1 is that: -
- All children know their number bonds to 10, 20 and 100. They are able to apply their understanding to different maths problems.
- Children will know all of the phonics up to Phase 5. At the end of Year 1, children will complete a Phonics Screening Check.
- All children can read and accurately spell Year 1 Common Exception Words.
Throughout the school year, we will work on different Curriculum Vehicles. A vehicle is the theme or idea which drives our learning. Our first Curriculum Vehicle of this school year is called: Explore: Fur, Feathers and Scales!
Click here to download a knowledge organiser to help support your child throughout this Curriculum Vehicle. This gives you useful information linked to the work that we are doing in class - our vehicle. You will see the areas we will be covering, some “sticky” knowledge that we would like the children to learn, useful books to read and share with your child, key vocabulary and a few ideas of websites to visit.
It would be really supportive of your child’s learning in school if you could talk to them throughout this half term about the information on here and about what they have been doing in class.
Links to support learning