Chill and Mindfulness Activities
Downtime is really important to support your mental health.
Here are some activities you may want to engage in.
- Joe Wicks' Daily Youtube Live Stream Workout at 9am
- Cosmic Kids have lots of Yoga videos designed for children on their Youtube Channel
- Our children love Go Noodle they have videos on their Youtube and their website
- BBC Supermovers have loads of fun and active videos on their page
- The NHS has teamed up with Disney to produce some 10 minute Wake and Shake videos
- Typing in 'Just Dance' into Youtube brings up a lot of dancing videos you can follow along with!
- Play Keepie-uppies in your garden
- Have a dance party
- Rob Biddulph - an author and illustrator - has created some draw-a-long videos
- Get building with this 30-day Lego challenge
- Create some artwork using recycled materials
- Cbeebies Creative Play
- There are hundreds of craft ideas here
- Create music: make one of these DIY instruments; use Go Kid Music; listen to Kids Music - you could even have a festival at home
- Explore some of these at-home Science activities: Cbeebies Science, Raising Dragons
- Look around your garden. What animals and plants can you see there?
- Do some gardening.
- Hold a household Treasure Hunt
- Go on a virtual museum tour: British Museum, The Natural History Museum, RAF Museum, The Louvre, NASA, Buckingham Palace
- Go on a virtual Zoo Trip: Atlanta Zoo 'Panda Cam', Houston Zoo, Georgia Aquarium, Monterey Bay Aquarium,
- Walk around a virtual Art Gallery: Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, National Gallery
- Set up your own role-play area, den or fort
- Create an 'at-home' shop - take turns running it